The Urban Puppy Shop, a dog specialty store and services facility, is seeking to hire a full time dog groomer to work within our multi-service dog facility. The Urban Puppy Shop has been credited by our clients for providing excellence in grooming their dogs, and as a member of our grooming team, your job will be to continue this exceptional service. This includes:
- Combing, clipping, trimming and shaping dogs’ coats according to grooming techniques and styles.
- Demonstrating competence in ability to groom diverse range of breed types and styles.
- Studying proportions of dog to determine most appropriate cutting pattern to achieve desired result.
- Effectively using hand scissoring techniques to complete coat finishing.
- Communicating well with dog owners to determine style of coat desired.
- Educating clients in the maintenance of grooming between appointments; selling retail grooming products to support such maintenance.
- Initiating follow up with clients to promote continuity of appointments and communicating effectively with other staff to ensure accurate scheduling of grooming appointments.
- Supporting promotional activities to attract new potential clients, including specials/discounts.
- Talking to dog and using other techniques to calm animal.
- Immediately reporting any identified health concerns/risks/injury (i.e. fleas, ticks, lice, cuts, lumps, lesions, skin allergies) to management.
- Maintaining cleanliness of grooming room and equipment, including vacuuming, wet-mopping and general cleaning on a daily basis.
- Ensuring sufficient inventory of grooming supplies and placing orders as required. Requirements for this position include:
- high school diploma plus minimum of one year of dog grooming
- dog handling experience in multi-faceted dog environment with physical ability to place dogs securely in wash tub and on grooming table.
- ability to work a flexible schedule that includes weekdays and/or weekends
- ability to perform well in a busy, chaotic, and noisy environment;
For best consideration, please submit a resume and sample portfolio of before and after pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org . Resumes will be accepted for this position until it is filled.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest. Only those applicants qualifying for an interview will be contacted.