Province's New Support for Businesses
- Ontario Business Costs Rebate Program: eligible businesses will receive rebate payments equivalent to 50% of the property tax and energy costs they incur while subject to the current capacity limits.
- Examples of businesses include: restaurants, smaller retail stores and gyms. A full list of eligible business types will be made available through a program guide in mid-January 2022.
- Application will open in mid-January 2022, retroactive to December 19, 2021.
- To apply, businesses will be required to submit property tax and energy bills.
- Cash Flow Support: Ontario is providing a six-month interest- and penalty-free period to make payments for most provincially administered taxes.
- The six-month period will begin January 1, 2022and end July 1, 2022.
- Taxes that will be able to be postponed: Employer Health Tax, Beer, Wine & Spirits Taxes, Insurance Premium Tax, Gas Tax, Retail Sales Tax on Insurance Contracts & Benefit Plans and others.
- See the full News Release here.
How to Calculate Capacity
- Province will be using the maximum capacity from the fire code to calculate the 50% capacity. This could increase your capacity compared to the previous model.